Annes favourite potato salad
In the northern part of Germany most people prepare potato salad with mayonnaise. Although I am from the North of Germany this kind is much too rich for me, I like it lighter.
- 7-8 potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 middle sized onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 0.5 small radish or a couple of red radishes
- some capers
- 2 Tsp vegan yoghurt
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vegan bouillon powder
- salt and pepper
- Cut the onion in half and each half in thin slices. I do this with a vegetable slicer to cut them really thin. Put them in a bowl and pour salt over them. Let sit to soften.
- Cut the potatoes, cucumber and radish in slices. There is an ongoing argument between my husband and me about the thickness of my slices. He likes them very thin (and I tease him about his mashed potato salad) and I cut them about 2-3mm thick (which he calls logs.)Add the capers.
- Prepare a hot bouillon with the powder and about 80ml water and pour it hot over the onion
- Add mustard, olive oil and the vegan yoghurt, stir and pour the mixture over the potato vegetable mix. Add capers, parsley, salt and pepper to your hearts content. Enjoy.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 76 times, 1 visits today)