Another green recipe, not only for St. Patricks Day. This is a no bake cake without any refined sugar. The sweetness comes from dried figs and agave sirup.
Avocado Lime Pie
A vegan cake without baking for Lime Lovers and people trying to avoid refined sugar.
- 4 limes, ecologically grown and untreated (we need the peel) For the base we only need the peel. The lime juice is needed for the filling
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 cups dried figs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp agave sirup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 avocados
- 8 Tbsp agave syrup
- 4 limes ecologically grown and untreated (we need the peel) + the juice of the other 4 limes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil warmed and liquid
- 1/5 cup coconut cream at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lime
- Wash limes, dry them and grate the lime zest.
- Put lime zest, cashews, figs, coconut flakes, agave syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and salt in a blender.
- Blend until it gets sticky, fill it in your form and press evenly down with wet hands.
- Put the base in your fridge.
- Pit and peel the avocados. Cut them in chunks.
- Grate the lime zest of four more limes and press the juice from all 8 grated limes.
- Blend avocados, lime juice and zest, agave syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and coconut creme until smooth.
- Add coconut oil at the end and stir in with a spatula.
- Pour the filling on top of your cake base, spread evenly and let solidify in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut 12 quarter slices out of your last lime and decorate your cake.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 417 times, 1 visits today)