High protein from chickpeas and quinoa makes this dish a wonderful protein source for vegetarian sportspeople.
Healthy! Especially if you eat exclusively vegan you benefit from the high quality protein that quinoa and chickpeas provide together.
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1 shallot
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 can chickpeas (canned or jarred), small
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/8 cup cashews
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp hot curry powder
- salt, pepper
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 bunch bunch coriander greens
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Wash the quinoa and cook with double the amount of salted water until soft, about 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot, ginger and garlic. Drain chickpeas in a colander. Clean and wash kohlrabi and carrot. Peel and dice kohlrabi, slice or shave carrots.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan or wok, sauté shallots, ginger and garlic. Add kohlrabi cubes and carrot slices and sauté for 5 minutes. Add cashews and chickpeas and sauté for another 5 min. Add coconut drink and lime juice. Season to taste with curry, salt and pepper.
- Clean cauliflower, wash and grate on a coarsegrater. Wash cilantro greens, shake dry and chop plucked leaves. Heat remainingoil in a pan, add cauliflower and sauté for 3 minutes. Mix in quinoa, cilantroand sesame seeds and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the curry.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 329 times, 1 visits today)