This is my favorite “cream” recipe. And if you skip the garlic, herbs and yeast and add a little sweetness, you could also use this as a topping for desserts or fruits.
Garlic Cashew Dip
Absolutely delicious vegan cream. You can use it as a dip, to gratinate your veggies or for your pizza instead of cheese
- 1 cup cashews it works best if you soak them for 2 hours
- 1 Tsp yeast flakes
- garlic to your like
- 1-2 Tsp Oil I like to use olive oil
- fresh herbs if you like
- Drain cashews if you soaked them and put them in your foodchopper or blender.
- blend and add the oil and a little water until smooth
- add garlic, herbs and yeast flakes, keep on blending until it is very creamy
Use a little more water if you like it as a dip and a little less if you want a denser consistency. I also use this basic recipe with very little water to add chopped cucumber and red bell pepper to make my own spread for some fresh bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 94 times, 1 visits today)