There are various recipes for homemade deodorants, so it’s important that you find one you like. I like this particular recipe because I have all the ingredients already at home and they come in recyclable containers (glass or paper).
Be aware that the final product has a very thick solid consistency, which might not be the most convenient, as it is a bit hard to apply with your fingers.
- 50g (3 1/3 Tbsp) coconut oil (coconut oil is very convenient for DIY cosmetics as it is solid at room temperatures and has antibacterial properties)
- 50g (3 1/3 Tbsp) baking soda (helps with neutralizing odor)
- 40g (2 2/3 Tbsp) corn starch (natural absorbent)
- 5 drops of palmarosa essential oil (neutralizes bacteria responsible for the sweat smell) and/or lavender essential oil
- Gently warm the coconut oil using a bain-marie.
- Add baking soda, corn starch and stir thoroughly.
- Add essential oils.
- Pour the liquid into a container of your choice and cover it with a lid.
- Leave to cool down in a cool environment until solid.