When it comes to making your own toothpaste, you have options.
The easiest is powder form. You simply mix up baking soda and essential oil. Or, you can elevate it by adding some clay, coconut oil, etc. There are many of those recipes all over the internet.
Keep in mind that the most important part is the brushing anyway. Toothpaste only adds a little bit of extra freshness.
Our homemade toothpaste recipe
- Bio virgin coconut oil
- Baking soda (gentle abrasive)
- White clay (gentle abrasive with antibacterial properties)
- Essential oils: clove, peppermint, bay leaf, tea tree oil, grapefruit oil
- In a bowl, gently mix 3 Tablespoons of solid coconut oil, a teaspoon of baking soda (be careful as a higher amount might damage your enamel), and 1/2 Tablespoon of white clay.
- Into the mixture, add 25 drops of peppermint essential oil for freshness, 5 drops of tea tree oil (anti-inflammatory properties), 5 drops of clove oil (for healthy gums), 5 drops of grapefruit oil (preservative and antibacterial properties)
- Transfer into a jar and you are done!