A spicy and healthy main dish with a lot of flavor and high in vegetable proteins. Cooking the rice takes the longest time, so this is also a fast dish.
Indian Tomato Lentils
You don't have a lot of Vegetables left but need a quick and healthy dinner or lunch? Then this recipe is for you.
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 big onion I used a red one
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tsp Tandoori spice
- 3-4 carrots sliced
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup strained tomatos from a jar
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 1 inch chunks ginger chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt, hot sauce and lemon juice to taste
- Heat a skillet with the olive oil
- Add chopped onion and all spices except ginger, let simmer for 3-5 minutes
- Add carrots and lentils
- Add about a cup of water, the tomato sauce and the coconut cream. Don't salt the dish before the lentils are cooked, otherwise they need longer.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes until the lentils are done. Stir every now and then and add more water if necessary.
- At the end stir in the chopped fresh ginger and cilantro and some lemon juice and salt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 1,165 times, 1 visits today)