I love lentils and what I particularly like about the red lentils is that they cook quickly. You don’t need to think about soaking them in advance. The cashew dip is delicious so make sure to prepare enough!
Plant patties for dinner or on your burger variation.
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1,5 Tbsp soy flour
- 1 tsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili powder (or less if you don't like it spicy)
- 1 tsp Ras el Hanout can be substituted by cumin and cardamom
- oil for frying
- cook the lentils until not too soft about 8 minutes
- take from stove and drain remaining water
- add all ingredients and mix, wait until cool enough to form patties with your hand
- heat oil in a skillet
- wet your hands with cold water and form the patties carefully
- let one after another slide into the hot skillet
- turn only once carefully
Garlic Cashew Dip
Absolutely delicious vegan cream. You can use it as a dip, to gratinate your veggies or for your pizza instead of cheese
- 1 cup cashews it works best if you soak them for 2 hours
- 1 Tsp yeast flakes
- garlic to your like
- 1-2 Tsp Oil I like to use olive oil
- fresh herbs if you like
- Drain cashews if you soaked them and put them in your foodchopper or blender.
- blend and add the oil and a little water until smooth
- add garlic, herbs and yeast flakes, keep on blending until it is very creamy
Use a little more water if you like it as a dip and a little less if you want a denser consistency. I also use this basic recipe with very little water to add chopped cucumber and red bell pepper to make my own spread for some fresh bread.
You can do this with all kinds of vegetables, I used hokkaido pumpkin and celery here.
- pumpkin sliced
- celery peeled and sliced
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C)
- Put your vegetable slices on a baking sheet, brush them with oil, salt and pepper them
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until soft and lighly brown at the edges
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)