A great alternative for your burgers or a healthy plant based protein source. Double the recipe and freeze half of the patties to have a quick nutritious dinner when don’t have time to prepare something from scratch.
Lupine Pumpkin Patties
Lupine seeds contain high-quality protein. The protein content is as high as in soy beans, so lupines are a good alternative to soy. But you can only use sweet lupine, a variety bred especially for consumption. Sweet Lupines contain less bitter substances than normal lupines and are therefore non-toxic.
- 2 cups lupine seeds cooked
- 1 cup Hokkaido pumpkin cut in cubes
- 1 big onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp flour
- put the cooked lupine seeds in your foodchopper and chop into chunks
- do the same with the pumpkin and the onion
- heat olive oil in a skillet and sauté the pumpkin and onion mixture
- mix the chopped lupines, flour, pumkin and onion with the spices in a bowl
- if too dry you can add a little bit of water or non dairy milk
- reheat your skillet with more oil
- wet your hands and form patties, let them slide into the skillet and fry for about 5-6 minutes on each side
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 54 times, 1 visits today)