This is a really quick fix and a very healthy salad or side dish to your vegan barbecue or at any time when you need something healthy quickly. My whole family loves this salad especially on hot days. I always have canned kidney beans and fresh tomatoes at home so I am prepared to make this salad any time.
Kidney Bean Salad
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 tomatoes or several cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 avocado optional
- 1 Tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- fresh cilantro
- hot sauce or fresh chopped chilis
- salt and pepper
- a little bit of agave sirup or sugar
- Open the can of beans, drain and pour in a bowl.
- Chop the onion and the cilantro.
- Cut the tomatoes and avocado in cubes.
- Add all ingredients and mix.