This ingenious pumpkin recipe takes a little time because you prepare a risotto which is a complete meal in itself and then you fill the pumpkin with it. So maybe you want to make a risotto one day and then serve filled pumpkin the next day?
Risotto Filled Pumpkin
A wonderful autumn recipe combining what nature gives us now: pumpkin, mushrooms and herbs. Of course you could prepare lots of risotto on one day and then use the rest to fill the pumpkin for next days dinner.
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 cups risotto rice
- 1 cup mushrooms or a couple of dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- fresh herbs (sage rosemary)
- vegetable broth
- Wash the pumpkin and cut it in 6 pieces lengthwise
- Cut two pieces of the pumpkin in bite sized chunks
- Bake the other 4 pieces in the oven at 180 °C (350°F) until halfway soft (about 30 Minutes)
- Dice the mushrooms and onions, mince the garlic
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and sautè the onions
- Add the pumpkin chunks
- Add the risotto rice and the garlic and cook 3 more minutes
- Deglaze with wine and stir. Keep on stiring in vegetable broth every couple of minutes. Risotto gets cooked without a lid, stiring all the time and adding fluid until the risotto is done and creamy.
- Add the fresh herbs and salt and pepper to taste
- Fill your baked pumpkin with the risotto and bake for 20 more Minutes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)