Springtime is also the time for aspargus. Serve this spelt risotto with a nice salad and you have a wonderful healthy lunch or dinner.
Spelt risotto with green asparagus
Spelt is a healthy alternative to rice. This risotto tastes like spring 😉
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 2/3 cups spelt like rice spelt that is pretreated so it cooks like rice
- 2 Tbsp aceto balsamico bianco
- 3.5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound green aspargus
- 2/3 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the vegetable broth
- Heat a skillet with the olive oil, sautè shallots and spelt for 2-3 minutes
- Add garlic
- Add 1/3 cup of water and balsamico vinegar
- Let cook for about 20 minutes, stir regularly and add broth when needed
- Peel and cut the aspargus.
- Add the aspargus and the peas about 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time
- Wash the lemon with hot water, dry, grate the lemon zest and squeeze out the juice
- At the end of the cooking time stir in the lemon peel and juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in some margarine flakes and serve sprinkled with some parsley or vegan parmesan
Calories: 451kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 23gFat: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)