An Asian one pot recipe that is great to prepare in advance an take to work. Tip: when buying coconut products take a look at its origin and try to choose organic and fair trade without any aroma or additives.
Sweet Potato Eggplant Curry
Easy to prepare and well suited to take with you and warm up the next day.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 eggplant
- 1 onion
- 1 oz fresh ginger
- 2-3 Tbsp oil (peanut or what you prefer)
- 4 Tbsp red curry paste (vegetarian)
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups snow peas
- 2-3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 bunch cilantro washed and chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Peel sweet potatoes and carrots and cut them in 1/2 inch cubes.
- Wash the eggplant, remove the stem, split lengthwise and cut into strips.
- Peel the onion and cut into half, then into slices.
- Peel the ginger and chop finely.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Sauté onion and half of the ginger for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots and eggplant. Stir in the curry paste and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Fill up with vegetable broth and coconut milk, put a lid on and let cook for 20 minutes.
- Wash the snow peas and cut them in half diagonally.
- Add them to the curry with the soy sauce and cook without a lid for 2-3 more minutes.
- At the end, add lime juice, salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with cilantro.
Eat this curry as it is or serve it with rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 1,053 times, 1 visits today)