A vegan liverwurst? Why that? Well, it just tastes good. And with beans and smoked tofu as main ingredients it is much healthier than the meaty original. This is actually one of my favorite spreadings and it tastes really good on hearty bread.
I had a vegan liverwurst at a vegan buffet in a cafe in Augsburg and had to find out how to prepare something that tasty. So here is my recipe.
- 1 can (400 ml) Kidney beans drained
- 1 cup smoked tofu diced
- 3-4 Tbsp vegetable oil I prefer olive oil
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- marjoram fresh or dried
- garlic if you want, use carefully
- I use a blender (moulinet) to make this spread, but of course you could do the same by cutting everything in very small pieces and smash the beans with a fork, then mix it all together.
- Blend the marjoram, onion (and garlic) first, add the tofu, oil and mustard and blend again.
- Add the beans and be careful not to over blend unless you like a fine liverwurst better than a course one ?.
- Salt and Pepper to taste and enjoy with a fresh bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 483 times, 1 visits today)